Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Turning your Wardrobe Inside Out


As the seasons change, so does what we wear. We change what we wear to suit the weather, alot of the times buying new items but forgetting about the old ones. I've made a plan to go through everything in my wardrobe, try it on and decide whether I want to keep it or not. My wardrobe is looking a little cluttered but I also in need of some new clothes, and as I've recently been buying a few to suit the summer months I thought I would change things up abit. Sometimes, I forget what I actually have in my wardrobe because the things I don't wear as often get shoved into a draw. 

Firstly, you need to take everything out of your wardrobe. All of your clothes to see what exactly you have. This may seem like abit of an effort but it will all be worth it when you're done. Once you've taken everything out gently lay it either on a clean surface. Just so they don't get dirty or crinkled!

After this go through all your clothes, asking yourself do I really need this? Have I worn this recently? Do this suit me? 
Devise three piles, Definitely Keep, Maybe's and a Throw out pile. The Maybe's are those items your not sure on, and need a little more consideration than the rest. 

Once you're happy with your clothes piles, straight to organise them. The Keep pile goes back into the wardrobe, the Throw Out pile goes either into a charity bag or in the bin if they're in bad condition. Then there's the Maybe pile, go through this once more asking yourself the important questions from above. Once you've gone through them you can either keep or throw. 

After you've put everything back and gone through all of your clothes, make a list of things you need or want to re-purchase. If you threw out alot of T-shirts because they were looking old, write down how many more you'd like a buy. If you're missing something, such as;  a staple piece put it on the list!

This all makes sense, and you'll then realise what exactly you need and don't need. I was surprised at how much I was holding on to. 

What's a staple piece in your wardrobe?

*Image from trendenser.se

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment, I love reading them. Lots of Love guys x